Mimosa Hills has a rich tradition of developing young golfers
Since the year 2000, Mimosa Hills golf professionals have instructed more than 20 young players that went on to play college golf. Many other young golfers from Mimosa Hills have gone on to become accomplished players as well. Although we have had much success developing players to the elite level, it is not our primary goal. Introducing the “game of a lifetime” to as many youngsters as possible is our focus
Mimosa Hills Junior Golf Program
- Private lessons available to juniors ages 5 to 18. Conducted by PGA professionals.
- Video Swing Analysis
- Junior Golf Fitness programs available.
- Junior club fitting.
- Head golf professional Jimmy Piercy- TPI Certified (Level1)- TPI Certified Junior Golf (Level 2). Experience- More than 15 years training golfers of all ages.
- Summer Junior Series Program- Program during summer months, 2 hour session, once per week. Designed for juniors who show interest in learning and training to play competitive golf. Competition amongst the juniors is emphasized, along with instruction, physical evaluations, and golf course etiquette.
- Mimosa Hills coordinates the local middle school golf program.
- Mimosa Hills participates in the PGA Junior League
- PGA Family Tees- Mimosa Hills is equipped with two sets of tees on all 18 holes to help develop juniors into golfers. Our Blue course length is 2176 yards, and is suitable to most juniors up to age 9. Our Yellow course length is 3450 yards, which is suitable for most juniors ages 9 to 12. The yellow course is recognized and rated by the USGA. A handicap can be established from this set of tees. We provide a scorecard and map of the tee locations for this program.
- Mimosa Hills serves as the home course for 2 local high school teams.
- Serves as one of the home courses for ASU.